PICONJO CONFESSION 5 PICONJO CONFESSION 5

Review for "Piconjo Confession 5"

That was pretty despicable using my .mp3 file like that. Then again, that's the kind of stunt that makes you a cult icon here.

Everything in this movie is rehashed from your previous confessions, the only admirable thing about these movies is how you can score so high for 5 minutes of work.

10 for sound because my voice is so sexy ;^D

(2004) Death by Horoscope (2004) Death by Horoscope

i know your tricks : p

(parody) nice 3.78 score...my last movie had a 3.80 on its debut day and ,if you submited your movie 2 weeks ago my movie wouldve kicked yours ass :P

you just picked a good day to submit this movie,i didnt just sign up to NG yesterday :P
you waited until 4:32 to submit this movie,and just so happen to submit it when all the movies were crap(wich has been rare lately)..i know your tricks :P
(plus all those alt. account you and your friends have)
(/parody)

Being an animator myself, I observe movement while watching movies. A movie had better be very emotionally gripping either through suspense, action, or comedy for me to not pay attention to movement. Your movies are usually all comedy, but your saturday morning humor doesn't appeal to me (horoscope doomsaying is just way too similar to some kind of Smurfs plot), so I'm usually sitting and watching undefined blue figures wiggle their arms.

One note about when you employ some movement: the animation becomes very choppy when the figures are walking. This might be due to lack of joints (like knees) and to compensation for an akward shuffle movement would lead to cutting out integral keyframes. I know animation nor looks really matter to the majority of your audience nor your future career, but this is a critique so I have to mention it.

I think your audio is pretty nice and clean, no real ambience or distortion. The voice acting seems on-the-spot as if listening to a kid play with his toys, but it fits the whole slapdash set... or lack thereof.
One word about the audio-- it seems very empty. Makes me think I'm in a friend's parents' uninsulated basement during a cold winter.

Looking past the parody section, hope this review was helpful.

Knox responds:

sup piconjo ;)

actually my movie had a 3.85 on its dabute day....and the submissions have been crap all this week :P

the reason why the animation is choppy is because its originaly 18 fps..but when its imported into flash i have to put it 12 fps or the sound gos off sync(dunno why) so the animation appears kinda choppy

ps. i dont need to have alternate accounts or other artists to seem popular on this site :P

and why do you always post your name at the bottem? are you afriad that people will forget who you are? :P

haha you know i love you :p me and DrNeroCF do the same thing all the time...hes a dick too ;)

Pico's Unloaded Pico's Unloaded

Review for "Pico's Reloaded"

I knew this wouldn't fail to shake Newgrounds; this is a superb movie.

In the beginning I noticed some of the graphics could have been polished up a bit, but I just say it's got a style. When the action picks up the graphics take second seat to the really nice animation.

You definitely got motion down very well, the frame by frame animation totally rocks and your tweens were stunning (the psuedo 3d look of the bus was flawless as far as I could tell, and all done with tweens).

It was nice to see a remix of a song you put together. Animations always work out so much better when the audio is worked in with it rather than just putting it in afterwards.

I don't really like Matrix themed movies, but this seemed to stay original enough with the ice cream store intro and the effervescent ending.

I think you really showed Pico's personality and captured what a Pico story, and Newgrounds is all about.
Great job. That just leaves me an Eric now... ^_~

MindChamber responds:

Thanks for the indepth and thought out review. Your right the art itself is a bit scratchy. Like in any craft there is always room for improvement. and I agree I cant stand Matrix spoofs myself, haha, had I been on time with this like , a year ago, the theme might have been alot more fresh :). haha, something else I need to learn.. deadline :). The Pico jam Idea of yours was a great one, I guess we all got too ambitious :)
Now all I can do is sit anxiously for your version as well as Eric's, which should be around in another year or so...
^_^

Nightmare Nightmare

Review for Nightmare

Ok, this is one of my favorite games on Newgrounds. Keeping in mind that only two people made this on Flash makes it one of my favorite games I've played in years.

You know, I love your wobble-vision(tm) animation style, but tone it down a bit with games ;)

Although I love the game there are a few things I can suggest.

First, don't ever make a game where you can't get past a screen. It's annoying for players to realize they shot something they need to jump on and have to kill themselves. Why would you want to annoy your audience? You want them to love you.

Second, don't make a game where you can fall into pits and die. Why? Same reason as above.

Third, I loved the background music, but the sound FX were lacking. Like with the shotgun. There was a pump noise, but no firing noise. I'd rather hear it fire than hear him pump it.

Fourth, there was a bug at the end of one of the levels. When I killed the boss the steps didn't appear at first. I waited around and killed some of those airplane things but didn't see how to get past so I killed myself. The next time through the steps appeared.

Fifth, it's annoying that when you get hit you lose control of the character. Combine that with the part where you have to jump over a pit and get hit by a falling rock and I almost quit at that point (but I knew it was worth getting past).

By the way, I love the cut scenes when you get a weapon or go on to the next level.

And for anyone who hates cartoony games and think they're only for kids, don't play this game, don't write a stupid review, and don't vote a 0. Proceed to get some appreciation in good art (this may take some time), then come back, enjoy a good game and vote the 5 it deserves. Thanks.

The-Super-Flash-Bros responds:

Whatalongreview!
1- I did tone down the wobble for the game! i think.
2-We didn't want that whole Tortoise bit to piss people off, we put it in as a simple puzzle, to make the audience feel clever when they did it.
3- The shotgun has both a pump and a shot sound....I'm sure.
4- There were billions of sound effects! hehehe.
5-I've never seen that bug with the stairs before. Sorry about that!
6-The reason we put in the code that says you lose control when hit is to make the cave levels slightly hard......imagine the jumping sections if you knew you could just jump madly across them, without worrying about getting hit, only worrying about losing health! we wanted people to clear the air before travelling through it.

Thanks a lot though, I know you appreciate hard work when you see it.

-Dim

Found Lost Found Lost

Review for "Found Lost"

The game's background story was the strongest point of the movie (based on a painting, simply beautiful). However, I found a lot of the introductory story to be cliched... on your way to a party, car problems, haunted house... eh... how many times have we heard this one?
But the problem of the rehashed story was nothing when I saw the red and green plants. That just totally destroyed the atmosphere of what could have been a more creepy game. Instead, I was just thinking how much it was like Resident Evil thereafter.
A suggestion about some scares: ... put some in! You know, a cat jumping out of the cupboard, a window shattering... something. Anything. Some people playing this would lose bladder control if you did something like that and they'd love it.
About the skeletal image in the mirror: It was very cartoony and made a mockery of the game (same with the hands at the end). Stay with photo-realistic images. I assumed the skeletal image was my character in costume... you know, going to a "party" and it was probably a Halloween party or something...
The sound effects were decent. The ambient noises were the best.
The navigation was nice. But, please, make the description of the things you click on go away! Sometimes there'd be notes or text all over the screen and I wouldn't know how to make them go away too easily.
My favorite part was the tape playing. I think it needed more of a "Blair Witch" ending where we don't know exactly what's happening...
It was a little short, but... hey, you made it to the front page somehow. Overall, a very nice game.

The Legend of Eliza 3 The Legend of Eliza 3

Review for "The Legend of Eliza 3"

This was a very well made game. I enjoyed the story and the characters, and the battle system was nice.
Some of the graphics were cartoony, kind of clashing with the style of some of the other artwork. But overall the graphics were very well done.
There was a lot lacking as far as animation goes, but considering it was a game, that doesn't matter as much as if it were a movie.
The maze part of the game wasn't done very well, and could have actually been done without. The background stayed the same and you had to click the arrows to figure out the right path, which wasn't all that entertaining.
But the programming was very nicely done. Quality work here. Thanks for sharing this one with Newgrounds.